Saturday, April 24, 2010

It Feels Like Summer

Tonight we kicked off Grilling season with a new recipe of Thai-style Chicken Breasts with Sweet/Sour Dipping Sauce (prepared by young chef Little Martin).  It was really spectacular.  Along with it we opened up a 2006 New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc (see, Steve, I take my own advice!) from Staete Land.  We tasted apricots, peaches, and green apples, and the flavors balanced nicely with the spice of the chicken.  A great combo! 


In other wine news, I've reserved my first WS-rated 100 bottle (Thanks for the heads up, Dad)!  I'm getting (from the PA State Store system) a 2007 Vintage Port from Dow's.  It is, ignoring vintage, one of the 1001 wines around which this blog is supposedly based, so I can't wait to try it, although WS says to wait until 2022-2050!!!  I wonder if this blog will last that long....  Incidentally, the vintages in the 1001 Wines book are the 1908 and the 1997, but WS declares the 2007 the "best Dow's ever" so I'll take it.  And at $73 - its almost a steal. 

1 comment:

  1. We grilled chicken on Friday so I chilled the Kim Crawford you recommended, but then we ended up drinking Lu's sangria and a bottle of Two Left Feet instead. So now I gotta figure out a reasonable excuse for drinking a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc by myself. shouldn't be hard.

    ReplyDelete