Thursday, December 31, 2009

Looking through the book

I've spent the last few evenings looking through "the book." So far (I've gone through the sparkling wines and most of the whites), I've had three of the wines.

The first is the Pommery Cuvee Louise, 1990. This was a gift from my wife's godparents for our wedding. Unfortunately, I can't remember when we drank it, but I know it was spectacular.

The second is 2001 J.J. Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Spatese. This we drank with my parents shortly after we moved into our current house. I also remember when/where I bought it. Shortly after the 2001s were released, I was looking through Wine Spectator at the "reviews" of the Rieslings. I grabbed the list and went over the my local wine store (at the time, the Village Corner). There I found this and several other 2001s. Anyway, this wine is the best wine I have ever tasted (perhaps that will change as I continue). Unbelievable depth and variety of flavors.

Finally, I have had the 2004 Feudi di San Gregorio Fiano di Avellino. This wine was not quite as special as the others, but certainly a great buy at a reasonable price, and with unique flavors.  At the time I was trying a lot of the wines by Feudi di San Gregorio, and I can say that I liked them all.  I'm looking to get a hold of a more recent vintage of this wine, however, so I can give you a better description!

No comments:

Post a Comment