Sunday, February 14, 2010

2004 D'Arenberg "Laughing Magpie"

Sorry for the long delay in writing another post - the whole family has been sick and, well, we haven't been drinking much wine since I, at least, wouldn't have been able to taste it anyway.  Finally, my wife and I were both feeling better, just in time for Valentine's Day, so we put the kids to bed and she cooked up a couple of Delmonico's and some baked potatoes - about my favorite meal in the world.  I picked out a special bottle I've had around for a while, and boy, was it worth the wait.


It was the title wine a 2004 D'Arenberg "Laughing Magpie" from McLaren Vale in Australia, a blend of Shiraz (~95% in 2004) and Viognier.  I tasted cherries and maybe plums, with a slight touch of pepper, and a rich, luscious, slightly chocolatey finish.  It was a dark, deep, and wonderful wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment